hipteacher on blogging with students

hipteacher
loves blogging with students:

"In my experience, writing, revising and peer editing within the blog structure has particularly helped their writing skills...I've also had success with journaling in blogs...Teenagers are so self-conscious, I find the lack of face-to-face contact adds dramatically to the strength and effectiveness of peer editing and review."

She also speaks about the privacy issue:

"While I'd like all students blogs to be open to the public, there are some legal and protection issues involved...in Livejournal, I allow students to use their real names and post so that only their 'friends' can see. Everyone in the class is on everyone else's 'friend' list. "

She has also invented a way of getting around the Blogger privacy issue:

"...I ask each student to come up with a pen name and sign a contract stating that they are never to mention real names, location, school name, etc."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Design in the age of Generative AI

Using recorded Skype conversations as assessment tools

Digital Literacy - Gavin Dudeney