The Ceibal English (Ceibal en Inglés) is a project involving language teaching via video-conferencing in Primary schools throughout Uruguay.
The British Council Uruguay is managing the Ceibal English (Ceibal en Inglés) project for Plan Ceibal and I was working as the project manager. (update: I am now Country Director for the British Council in Uruguay)
As it develops, expanding from 500 to 1,000 classes a week in 2013, and doubling again to 2,000 classes a week in March/April 2014, I am recording and relfecting on different aspects of the project.
This page lists all of the blog posts I have written about the programme.
- Ceibal English interview (British Council podcast and transcript)
- Remote Teaching for Success
- Ceibal English - Invitation to feedback session for forthcoming chapter
- Remote Teaching, distance learning, team teaching or blended learning? (updated)
- Interviews with Remote Teachers on Ceibal English project
- Results of the Project Impact Test 201
- Remote teaching, distance learning, team teaching or blended learning?
- The Ceibal English lesson plans
- Training for Ceibal English classroom teachers
- Use of L1 in Ceibal English remote teaching
- There's video-conferencing...and then there's video-conferencing
- Distance learning? Remote learning?
- 3 Months of Ceibal English
- Plan Ceibal: Dario Luis Banegas
- Paul Woods: One laptop per child
- The Whys and Wherefores of OLPC in Uruguay